My STAMPING PAPERCRAFT blog - Stamping Scene

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a paper craft addict and love sharing my passion for paper crafting . I run online and face to face card making, memory keeping and all sorts of 3D projects. I also sell many of the products I use. If you'd like more information do drop me an email. Thank you for visiting I hope to see you again soon. Zoe x

Sunday, 30 August 2026

Cardmaking idea for your favourite gardener

help me grow handmade card

 In my last post I shared a tutorial for creating a water colour wash and then using the result to die cut pieces to create designs and also how to enhance the water colour wash with metallic embellishment.  The video I shared shows how to create the wash and some ideas including embossing paste and embossing powder to enhance what you create. 

At the time I also created this card using the Scalloped Bloom dies to die cut the flower heads and leaves and used gold foil card to add my metallic embellishment as leaves and also some Flower Accents in gold for a little more sparkle.  

The flower pots are dies from the Help Me Grow bundle which is currently on the last chance list, but buy the stamps and dies separately you might find a little more discount from the usual bundle 10% off.  

Before die cutting the pots I used a blending brush with Cajun Craze ink to add soft colour to white card.  It's a great tool for adding shading by putting more pressure on your brush to add deeper colour.   I then gently spritzed it with water and blotted it off almost immediately to create the detail to the pots. You remove quickly so as not to make the white card react to the moisture.  I also used a retired Cajun Craze marker to add splatters once I had die cut the pots.  

With a journalling pen I add stems to the flowers free hand which once the leaves were added looked better. I'm no artist that's for sure.  

My sentiment and many used in my previous post are from a set called Sending Salutations, which at first look it didn't grab me, but now I'm finding it really useful and I love the script font mixed with the modern block capitals. 

Check out my video in my last Stampingscene post. 

Using different colour combos you could create some similar, but varied cards using this idea. 

Have fun trying

Zoe x

COMING SOON ON 1st September

Craft advent calendar 2026

Shop Supplies

sentiment stamp set




Sending Salutations



 

gardening dies for card making




Help Me Grow dies



help me grow stamp set

Help Me Grow stamp set






SHOP ALL STAMPIN' UP!

No comments: