My STAMPING PAPERCRAFT blog - Stamping Scene

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a paper craft addict and love sharing my passion for paper crafting . I run online and face to face card making, memory keeping and all sorts of 3D projects. I also sell many of the products I use. If you'd like more information do drop me an email. Thank you for visiting I hope to see you again soon. Zoe x

Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Stepping up your card ideas for the New at SU blog hop

simple to stepped up  for new home card

new at su banner blog hop

Welcome to my take on the New at SU blog hop for September 2026.  The theme for the hop is Simple to Stepped Up card making.  I've used a very easy fun fold and added to it to step it up and added different elements too.  It's easy to make with just stamps, ink and paper or you can step it up with embellishments, layers and die cuts with a little stamping too!





The simplest version of the card created with Daffodil Delight DSP and Lemon Lime Twist stamping.  
 

easy fun fold card
You can simply step up this basic version with some more colours and embellishments.

simple fancy fold card making tutorial
Colours used for version 2 are Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist and Coastal Cabana.  I've added some dots for a little more detail. 

Version 3 which is stepped up with an additional folded piece, die cuts and dots to cover my stamping bloopers!  I used the Holly Jolly Branches and Welcome Noel dies to create my focal point. 

new home card

The measurements for the card are as follows

Metric
Base card   23 x 15cm  score at 14 cm
First flap    13 x 11cm  score at 11 cm
Second flap 10 x 5cm score at 8cm  

DSP
Base 14.5 x 13.5cm
First Flap  10.5 x 10.5cm
Second Flap if required 7.5 x 4.5 cm

Imperial 
Base card 9 x 6" score at 51/2"
First Flap 41\4 x 5" score at 41/4"
Second flap 4 x 2" score at 3/4" 

DSP Imperial
Base 51/4 x 53/4"
First flap 4 x 4"
Second Flag if required 3 x 13/4"

I've had lots of fun with this card and I think the possibilities are endless.  It is perfect for using lots of different off cuts of DSP, different stamps and lots of occasions.   I'd love to see what you make. 

Enjoy the blog hop

Hugs Zoe x






2 comments:

Annette Elias-de Kijkkast said...

Such happy, bright cards Zoe! I love the fold, the happy colours and the stamped panels. And you mentioning your stamping bloopers made me smile. Don't we all have some of them every now and then.... Sometimes they are just happy mistakes!

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful cards and such a lovely way to show of multiple patterns of DSP! And add as many extras as you'd like to take it over the top or keep it simple! Thanks for sharing!